Accelerating bold innovations and tech solutions
in the public interest.
At Waxman, we are passionate about working with innovative leaders using science and technology to improve our world. We know that technology, with its unparalleled potential for speed and scale, must play a critical role in solving the challenges of today – from fighting climate change and promoting environmental justice to increasing health equity and nutrition security for all.
We work closely with companies and organizations making a difference in the world through innovative new models and unique technology-based approaches to problem-solving.
We help our clients engage relevant stakeholders, grow influence as thought leaders, and amplify their views in the media, all while navigating complex legislative, regulatory, and market landscapes.
- Strategic Counsel on Overall Policy Strategy: We provide counsel on how to hone your policy priorities and play a role in cultivating policy change. We work closely with clients to develop and prioritize a strategic policy agenda, identify opportunities for action, and deploy effective tactics that lead to outcomes that matter.
- Subject Matter Expertise and Technical Assistance: We offer non-partisan subject matter expertise drawing on our extensive collective experience in Congress and the Executive branch in developing and implementing policy.
- Building Your Federal Presence: We help you cultivate relationships with and navigate Congress, government agencies, advocacy organizations, and other key influencers to build support for your policy priorities and identify potential allies for your policy agenda.
- Lobbying Support: We ensure you have the opportunities to make your case on key policy issues and proposals. Our support includes representing clients directly, helping them shape their messaging, and strategically guiding engagement.
- Responding to Legislative and Regulatory Proposals: We work with you to build a process for drafting, reviewing, approving, and disseminating statements and responses to legislative and federal rulemaking proposals. When needed, we can also analyze proposals and draft responses on behalf of clients.
- Influencer Activation: We pinpoint the key thought leaders on specific issues and help activate their partnership. We also work with you to build the capacity, strength, and responsiveness of your grassroots and affiliate networks, as needed.
- Streamlining Your Message: We help you strengthen and streamline your message for both internal and external stakeholders, develop materials, and ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Elevating Thought Leaders: We develop and secure opportunities to position you as a leading industry voice, reinforced by data and case studies to showcase your holistic story.
- Media Relations: We customize your messages for niche and broad audiences and place you in the news outlets and industry reports where key audiences look to form opinions.
- Raising Your Visibility Amongst Decision-Makers and Media: We ensure you are visible at the events that matter and maximize your participation, whether attending, speaking, or sponsoring.
- Ready for Any Crisis: We stand at the ready to help you proactively respond to breaking news and important issues.
Areas of expertise
We work with companies producing renewable energy from sources as diverse as ocean waves and organic waste, helping to accelerate the adoption of clean energy sources and advance our clean energy future.
ELECTRIFICATION & THE GRID
Meeting our climate goals requires the rapid electrification of transport, buildings, and industry – and we assist the energy leaders working to optimize the distribution of energy resources equitably and effectively, whether through big data and analytics, microgrids, or smart meters.
We work with electric and autonomous vehicle manufacturers and other developers of sustainable transportation solutions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and advance clean and equitable infrastructure.
From carbon capture to urban forestry, smart cities, and sensor technology, we work every day with leaders using innovation to mitigate and adapt to climate change.
HEALTH ACCESS & TELEMEDICINE
With an eye towards health equity and environmental health, we work with leading telemedicine innovators to ensure that their life-saving solutions reach those who need them the most.
FOOD TECH & NUTRITIONAL SECURITY
We help organizations and companies address food and nutritional access at both the national and global level, advancing the idea that Food is Medicine and incorporating Social Determinants of Health.
At Waxman Strategies, we aim to create a healthier, more sustainable world through innovative technology solutions.
We know that finding solution to the world’s environmental issues are often complicated. At Waxman strategies, our two-part environmental and technologies team has a toolkit perfectly designed to face these challenges and find successful solutions.
We are D.C. creatures who have spent years working in Capitol Hill, and we’ve seen firsthand how tech can help solve these problems—but the problem is that technology is only one part of the equation. The other part? Politics. And that’s where we come in: we dig our hands in the middle of technology, environment, and political tension and use strategic thinking to find successful, innovative tools to support solutions that benefit everyone.
We are driven by a mission to create a healthier, more sustainable world through innovative technology solutions and deliver world-class expertise to champion advocacy and push policymakers to make better decisions
Carl Leighty, Senior Director