Accelerating bold innovations and tech solutions
in the public interest.
At Waxman, we are passionate about working with innovative leaders using science and technology to improve our world. We know that technology, with its unparalleled potential for speed, scale, and sustainability, must play a critical role in solving the challenges of today – from fighting climate change and promoting environmental justice to increasing health equity and nutritional security for all.
Our team of technology leaders are rooted in the spaces driving smart technology forward and bring decades of experience working with fast-growing startups, keen-eyed investors and global technology powerhouses. We also bring a deep appreciation for the world of technology policy and are as at home on a Silicon Valley campus as they are in a committee hearing.
We work closely with companies and organizations making a difference in the world through unique technology-based approaches to problem solving. We help our clients forge partnerships and engage relevant stakeholders, garner media and investor attention, grow influence as thought leaders, and identify new market segments and customers all while navigating complex legislative, regulatory, and market landscapes.
- Streamlining Your Message: We help you strengthen and streamline your message for both internal and external stakeholders, develop materials, and ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Elevating Thought Leaders: We develop and secure opportunities to position you as a leading industry voice, reinforced by data and case studies to showcase your holistic story.
- Media, Analyst, and Funder Relations: We customize your messages for niche and broad audiences and place you in the outlets and industry reports where key audiences look to form opinions.
- Raising Your Visibility Amongst Decision-Makers and Media: We ensure you are visible at the events that matter and maximize your participation, whether attending, speaking, or sponsoring.
- Developing and Amplifying Your Digital Presence: We work with you to refine and build your website, social media channels, and digital collateral, connecting you with our trusted digital marketing experts for website overhauls, as needed.
- Ready for Any Crisis: We stand at the ready to help you proactively respond to breaking news and important issues, deftly structuring responses to “fire drills” any time trouble arises.
- Strategic Counsel on Overall Policy Strategy: We provide counsel on how to hone your policy priorities and play a role in cultivating policy change. We work closely with clients to develop and prioritize a strategic policy agenda, identify opportunities for action, and deploy effective tactics that lead to outcomes that matter.
- Subject Matter Expertise and Technical Assistance: We offer non-partisan subject matter expertise drawing on our extensive collective experience in Congress and the Executive branch in developing and implementing policy.
- Building Your Federal Presence: We help you cultivate relationships with and navigate Congress, government agencies, advocacy organizations, and other key influencers to build support for your policy priorities and identify potential allies for your policy agenda.
- Lobbying Support: We ensure you have the opportunities to make your case on key policy issues and proposals. Our support includes representing clients directly, helping them shape their messaging, and strategically guiding engagement.
- Responding to Legislative and Regulatory Proposals: We work with you to build a process for drafting, reviewing, approving, and disseminating statements and responses to legislative and federal rulemaking proposals. When needed, we can also analyze proposals and draft responses on behalf of clients.
- Influencer Activation: We pinpoint the key thought leaders on specific issues and help activate their partnership. We also work with you to build the capacity, strength, and responsiveness of your grassroots and affiliate networks, as needed.
Strategic Planning Capabilities
- Business Development: From product ideation to market launch and expansion, we help you refine and test your value proposition, build a powerful narrative, and grow your customer base.
- Go-to-Market Strategy: We help you segment the existing market and identify new verticals, build customer profiles, conduct competitive analysis, and refine your sales and business development plans.
- Data-Driven Research and Analysis: Using a combination of online research and stakeholder interviews, we perform qualitative and quantitative market research to ensure your strategy is grounded in reality.
- Stakeholder Power Mapping: We assess the landscape to determine supporters and detractors, spheres of influence, and risks and opportunities to develop comprehensive offensive and defensive strategies.
- Fostering Cross-Sector Collaboration: We leverage our relationships to identify and launch new coalitions which help expand your network and advance your goals.
We work with companies producing renewable energy from sources as diverse as ocean waves and organic waste, helping to accelerate the adoption of clean energy sources and advance our clean energy future.
ELECTRIFICATION & THE GRID
Meeting our climate goals requires the rapid electrification of transport, buildings, and industry – and we assist the energy leaders working to optimize the distribution of energy resources equitably and effectively, whether through big data and analytics, microgrids, or smart meters.
We work with electric and autonomous vehicle manufacturers and other developers of sustainable transportation solutions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and advance clean and equitable infrastructure.
From carbon capture to urban forestry, smart cities, and sensor technology, we work every day with leaders using innovation to mitigate and adapt to climate change.
HEALTH ACCESS & TELEMEDICINE
With an eye towards health equity and environmental health, we work with leading telemedicine innovators to ensure that their life-saving solutions reach those who need them the most.
FOOD TECH & NUTRITIONAL SECURITY
We help organizations and companies address food and nutritional access at both the national and global level, advancing the idea that Food is Medicine and incorporating Social Determinants of Health.
Our team lives technology each day – and we deeply appreciate the role it plays in creating a better world. We are dedicated to working with companies and organizations who are innovating in the public interest, helping them reach influential audiences, attract investors, increase market share and navigate regulatory and policy challenges. We’re proud to help advance some of the most groundbreaking and impactful technology solutions on the market today which promise to better our world for the generations to come.
The Waxman Strategies technology team has on-the-ground experience on both Capitol Hill and in Silicon Valley. We know how these two worlds operate and what it means to succeed in both. We deliver full-service communications and policy consulting to progressive-minded companies and are driven by a mission to create a healthier, more sustainable world through innovative technology solutions.
As the Managing Director of Waxman’s communications team, Kirsten oversees communications strategy and media relations for a variety of clients in Waxman’s Technology, Health and Environment practices.