Waxman Strategies, a mission-driven, policy and communications consulting firm led by former Congressman Henry Waxman, is accepting applications for a Marketing and Business Development Coordinator. Waxman Strategies works with a diverse portfolio of clients in our three practice areas — health, the environment, and technology. We engage with leading environmental NGOs, clean energy companies, health foundations, health equity advocacy groups, and tech innovators to advance public interest solutions. The Marketing and Business Development Coordinator will play a lead role in building our brand and expanding our portfolio and impact.
As the Marketing and Business Development Coordinator, you will report to our CEO and work closely with the firm’s leadership team to help chart and drive marketing initiatives aimed at reaching priority individuals and potential clients. Your responsibilities will include leading our firm’s branding process, coordinating client and prospective client-focused outreach, managing social-media and website content, and providing support to practice groups through the development and execution of marketing plans.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the firm’s leadership to develop, qualify and implement annual business development and marketing plans, including practice specific activities to support the firm’s goals and priorities.
- Developing and employing a targeted approach for delivering content marketing to clients and prospective clients in line with the interests of the firm and our leadership team.
- Ensuring quality control and use of consistent branding and messaging in business development and marketing materials.
- Managing and developing thought leadership and marketing content for our website, social media platforms and direct email outreach.
- Regularly maintaining up-to-date pitch decks, fact sheets and website content for the firm and each practice area.
- Supporting improved internal communications by staying current and reporting on the firm’s client relationships and activities.
- Providing support in the growth of our new business pipeline and assistance in the production of new business pitches, proposals, and tools to track and assess our engagement.
- Researching potential clients, competitors, and industry developments to identify business trends and opportunities and ensure the firm is optimally positioned for growth.
- Helping to build a culture where all employees are trained and encouraged to participate in networking opportunities and business development.
- Researching, securing, and coordinating presentations, seminars, speaking engagements and award submissions.
- Identifying key industry events and networking opportunities.
What we’re looking for in you:
- You have three or more years of professional work experience, including a background in marketing and/or business development programs.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills. You are personable and can work well with colleagues of varying experience levels as well as external contacts such as potential clients.
- You have strong project management skills with strong attention to detail.
- You have a commitment to working for a better and more just world.
- You have experience with and a commitment to working with people from a variety of backgrounds, including different ethnic, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds and the LGBTQ+ community.
- You are a problem solver, proactive, innovative, and creative.
- You can get up to speed quickly on new programs and technology as needed. You are comfortable with database programs.
- You have experience with consulting agency-based accounts.
- You have proficiency working with Salesforce.
- You have experience working in a mission-driven setting.
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
More about our team: The firm is made up of people from various backgrounds, including federal agencies, nonprofit advocacy groups, health agencies, and legislative offices, at a range of experience levels. We pride ourselves on being a welcoming place for people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, parents, empty-nesters, and more.
Details: This is a full-time position based in our Washington, D.C. office. However, during the pandemic, our staff are working from home. The safety of our team is a top priority, and we will resume working from our office, travel, and in-person meetings when it is safe to do so. You will report to our CEO and work closely with the Managing Directors and our Chairman.
Compensation and benefits: The salary range for this position is $56K to $75K, depending on experience. We have a generous benefits package, including group health insurance, dental benefits, unlimited vacation time, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan.
Interview process: Our interview process involves a phone interview, two video interviews, a candidate exercise, and reference calls for candidates advancing in our process. We have adjusted our interview process and are holding video interviews in place of in-person interviews during the coronavirus pandemic.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter which demonstrates your writing abilities and let us know how you learned of the job. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and the job will remain posted on our website until it is filled.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact Aliya at [email protected].
Waxman Strategies is an equal opportunity employer; we strictly prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression and any other characteristic protected by law.
Women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ+ community and other historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.All Careers