Who We Are: Working at Waxman Strategies is being part of a family of thinkers, doers and technology communications game-changers. Our team produces quality work for some of the world’s next top brands and innovators making a difference. From product launches and startup valuation-raising campaigns, to thought leadership content and communications strategy, joining the Waxman Strategies team is a chance to work with some of the smartest, most creative minds in communications.
At Waxman Strategies, you will be part of a growing team of tech PR leaders and work collaboratively, across the nation to push the limits of what public relations, marketing and communications can do and accomplish.
What We Need: We are looking for a talented Senior Account Executive for our Technology PR Practice who can think creatively, interface confidently with clients, build deep relationships with journalists and respond nimbly to breaking news and rapidly evolving campaign scenarios. This position will be primarily working to support our growing list of emerging tech startups and venture capital clients.
- Developing and running a portfolio of clients as the team lead, overseeing all long-term and day-to-day activity and ensuring deadlines and quality of work expectations are met
- Primary contact with clients and active participation in success of accounts, which involves developing and implementing integrated communications and PR strategies, plans and campaigns
- Working closely with clients to develop effective messaging for targeted audiences, securing speaking engagements and other opportunities to position clients as thought leaders
- Crafting materials, including press releases, fact sheets, presentations, and contributed content such as op-eds, bylines and blog posts
- Cultivating strong industry relationships with media, analysts and other influencers
- Pitching stories and monitoring/reacting to industry news and trends
- Managing team resources and effectively coordinating work both up and down within teams as issues arise to meet or exceed agreed upon metrics
- Providing support in generating new business including research, brainstorming, program creation and effectively presenting at new business meetings and pitches.
- 4+ years of broad client experience, preferably at an agency
- Ambition to take on innovative campaigns, capitalize on media opportunities, drive communications program activity and evaluate campaign results against objectives
- Strong leadership qualities and capacity to effectively manage a team, provide day-to-day coaching and mentoring, as well as long-term professional development
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, honed organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple clients and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to transition effortlessly from visionary planner to hands-on executor as situations demand it
Competitive and commensurate with experience, and includes a generous benefits package.
Click here to apply.
Waxman Strategies is an equal opportunity employer; we strictly prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression and any other characteristic protected by law.