Who We Are:
Waxman Strategies is a strategic communications, PR and public affairs firm working primarily in the areas of technology, health, and the environment. Our tech practice produces quality work for innovators and startups making a difference, investors, accelerators and incubators, as well as some of the world’s next top brands. From company and product launches, to thought leadership content and events, joining the Waxman team is a chance to work with some of the smartest, most creative minds in communications. Here you will be part of a growing team of tech PR leaders working collaboratively across the nation to push the limits of what public relations, marketing and communications can accomplish.
What We Need:
Our Technology Practice is looking for a talented Director or Senior Director who can think creatively, interface confidently with clients, build deep relationships with journalists and respond nimbly to breaking news and rapidly evolving campaign scenarios. This position will be primarily working to support our growing list of emerging tech startups and venture capital clients.
- Developing and running a portfolio of 4-5 clients, overseeing all long-term and day-to-day activity and ensuring deadlines and quality of work expectations are met.
- Primary contact with clients and active participation in success of accounts, which involves developing and implementing integrated communications and PR strategies, plans and campaigns.
- Working closely with clients to develop effective messaging for targeted audiences, securing speaking engagements and other opportunities to position clients as thought leaders.
- Manage thought leadership programs, including crafting materials, press releases, fact sheets, presentations, and contributed content such as op-eds, bylines and blog posts; and driving industry thought leadership campaigns for clients.
- Cultivating strong industry relationships with media, analysts and other influencers; actively pitching stories and generating coverage.
- Building a comprehensive knowledge of client business and competition; keeping on top of client industry topics; monitoring and reacting to industry news/trends Managing team resources and effectively coordinating work both up and down within teams as issues arise to meet or exceed agreed-upon metrics.
- Source, lead and participate in generating new business including research, brainstorming, proposal creation and effectively presenting at new business meetings and pitches.
- 7-10 years of broad client experience, preferably at an agency.
- Ambition to take on innovative campaigns, capitalize on media opportunities, drive communications program activity and evaluate campaign results against objectives.
- Strong leadership qualities and capacity to effectively manage a team, provide day-to-day coaching and mentoring, as well as long-term professional development.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, honed organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple clients and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to transition effortlessly from visionary planner to hands-on executor as situations demand it.
- Experience managing PR campaigns for companies in cleantech and health tech is a plus.
Competitive and commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits package.
Click here to apply.
Waxman Strategies is an equal opportunity employer; we strictly prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression and any other characteristic protected by law.