Who We Are:
Waxman Strategies is a progressive-minded public affairs firm led by former Congressman Henry Waxman, called “one of the most accomplished legislators of his or any era” by President Obama. Now out of Congress, Waxman heads the firm’s all-star team, which uses advocacy, communications and campaigns to help shape policies, advance causes and build movements. With a focus on delivering progressive change, fast, we are selective in our engagements, only taking on projects that interest and inspire us. Our work is primarily in the areas of health care, the environment, and technology, media and telecommunications (TMT). A sampling of our current clients include the National Association of Community Health Centers, Hatch Baby, 340B Health, ValiMail, Verdigris, TracFone, T-Mobile, Comcast, and American Association of Justice.
What We Need: We are looking for a talented Administrative Assistant/Office Manager who can act as the backbone of the office, keep multiple projects and tasks organized at the same time, keep ahead of the needs of staff, think creatively, interface confidently with clients, build deep relationships with staff members, and respond nimbly to rapid pace of the office. The Administrative Assistant/Office Manager will be a critical member of our team, working with everyone who comes into contact with the firm.
- Provide administrative and organizational support to senior managers as assigned, including scheduling appointments, meetings and conference calls, maintaining records, files and answer emails as appropriate
- Coordinate and manage logistics for on boarding new staff, including: setting-up technology, point person for systems and overall brand standards
- Conduct research as assigned
- Provide project support for various projects undertaken by the team as assigned
- Manage multiple calendars Assist visitors and interact with various vendors
- Prepare and manage expense reports
- Assist with preparation of presentations
- Plan and coordinate multiple projects for completion
- Coordinate and manage periodic mass mailings
- Organize events including the research, planning, coordination, execution and reporting
- General office duties including, but not limited to, answering phones, filing, photo copying and ordering of office supplies for department
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google applications)
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Solid organizational skills, ability to be a self-starter, and ability to work independently with little or no direction
- Outstanding attention to detail is a must
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize
- Proven organizational skills and capacity to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good judgement and the ability to function independently
Education and Experience include:
- AA Degree or Bachelors or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4+ years supporting a fast-paced office environment
- Experience working in an agency environment is preferred
- Strong leadership experience and proven ability to manage projects, drive results, and juggle many different tasks
- Ability to be flexible, work well under pressure, and experience putting out last minute fires
Competitive and commensurate with experience, and includes a generous benefits package.
Waxman Strategies is an equal opportunity employer; we strictly prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression and any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to apply.