Who We Are: Waxman Strategies is a progressive-minded public affairs firm led by former Congressman Henry Waxman, called “one of the most accomplished legislators of his or any era” by President Obama. Now out of Congress, Waxman heads the firm’s all-star team, which uses advocacy, communications and campaigns to help shape policies, advance causes and build movements. Our work is primarily in the areas of healthcare, the environment, and technology, media and telecommunications.
What We Need: We are looking for a talented Account Director who can think creatively, interface confidently with clients, build deep relationships with journalists and respond nimbly to breaking news and rapidly evolving campaign scenarios. This position will be primarily working to support our growing list of healthcare and emerging tech clients.
- Developing and running a portfolio of clients as the team lead, overseeing all long-term and day-to-day activity and ensuring deadlines and quality of work expectations are met
- Primary contact with clients and active participation in success of accounts, which involves developing and implementing integrated communications and PR strategies, plans and campaigns
- Working closely with clients to develop effective messaging for targeted audiences, securing speaking engagements and other opportunities to position clients as thought leaders
- Crafting materials, including press releases, fact sheets, presentations, and contributed content such as op-eds, bylines and blog posts
- Cultivating strong industry relationships with media, analysts and other influencers
- Pitching stories and monitoring/reacting to industry news and trends
- Managing team resources and effectively coordinating work both up and down within teams as issues arise to meet or exceed agreed upon metrics
- Providing support in generating new business including research, brainstorming, program creation and effectively presenting at new business meetings and pitches.
- 7+ years of broad client experience, preferably at an agency
- Ambition to take on innovative campaigns, capitalize on media opportunities, drive communications program activity and evaluate campaign results against objectives
- Strong leadership qualities and capacity to effectively manage a team, provide day-to-day coaching and mentoring, as well as long-term professional development
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, honed organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple clients and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to transition effortlessly from visionary planner to hands-on executor as situations demand it
Competitive and commensurate with experience, and includes a generous benefits package.
Click here to apply.
Waxman Strategies is an equal opportunity employer; we strictly prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression and any other characteristic protected by law.